A micronation is an entity created and maintained as if it were a nation and/or a state, and generally carrying with it some, most or all of the attributes of nationhood, and likewise generally carrying with it some of the attributes of statehood. Though a micronation may well have begun as a mere drollery, it has the potential (given the evolution of a sufficiently vital national culture) to develop into a true nation, and possibly to achieve statehood.
- Land Claim : It doesn't mean BUY a land to declare sovereignty over it, you can declare an abandoned place near your home as mainland, or claim land far from your hometown. Also, you can get help from your friends, for example, you've claimed a 50 square meters land near your home, and it's your capital city, your friend has claimed a similar land near his home, you can declare his land as another city or state, also one of your colonies.
- Government : There's a lot of government types to choose. A monarchy, a republic, etc. Monarchy, especially empire is good if you want to have colonies, but republic is fine, too. It's up to you to declare which kind of government as your system.
- Flag and Coat of Arms : These are identity of your nation. You can use flags or arms that you love, or you can design one for your nation using graphic design programs.
- National Language : It's better to declare your mother tongue as official language, but you can form a conlang or use one of them (Like Ido, Esperanto, etc.).
- National Religion : You can form a secular nation, also you can declare a religion as your national religion, and give people religious freedom.
- National Symbols : It's up to you, but you can declare a national animal, national hero, etc.
- Ruling Party : You should have a ruling party, especially when your nation isn't single party.